How to setup Obs for Live streaming to ViuLive
- OBS software (obsproject.com)
- Laptop or PC
- Wi-Fi/ Hotspot/ Cable Internet Connection
- Web Browser (chrome, Firefox, Safari etc…)
- Login to Viulive website
- Click on “Advanced Live” from the drop down menu.
- Select a category based on your stream content. If youre planning to stream games, simply click on the gaming category
- Fill in the stream title, captions and tags if you have any.
- Click on “Go Live”. Once in the stream dashboard, a stream url and key page will be displayed.
- Copy the generated Stream Url and Stream Key
- Install OBS software to your Laptop/PC
- Launch OBS program
- Add new Scene to Scenes box at left Side
- Then add/choose Media Source using Sources Box next to Scenes Box [Camera – Video, Webpage etc…]
- Config Audio Source using Audio Mixer Box
- Click on Settings button at right menu
- Click/Choose “Stream” option from left menu
- Then for Service field choose “Custom”
- Paste Stream URL (highlighted yellow) to stream server column.
- Paste Stream Key (highlighted red) Stream key column.
- Uncheck “use authentication” box
- Click “Output” from left side menu
- Choose “output Mode” to be Advanced
- Set Bitrate option to preferred value [2000, 3000, 4000] (to be less than 4500)
- Set Audio Bitrate option to preferred value [48000, 64000, 92000, 128000] from top option menu (optional)
- Set Rate Control to CBR
- Set Key-frame interval(seconds) to 2
- Set Preset to very fast or medium
- Set profile to Main/Baseline
- Click Video on the left side menu
- Set resolution to 1280×720 (HD)
- Set FPS to 30
- Click Ok button at bottom to save and finish configuration step
- Click Start Streaming from right controls menu to start live streaming to our servers.
- Congrats you are live now