Live Streaming To ViuLive
- Web Browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari etc.)
- Webcam (if any)
Instant live are meant for users who wish to broadcast their streams quickly and without any configuration needed. These options are commonly used with a mobile users who wish to conduct their live stream with the mobile on board cameras.
- Click on “Instant Live” if you are not using any software mixers or RTMP cameras.
- Select your webcam that you wish to use and/or select the screen sharing tab if you wish to share your application window.
- Click on “Start” on the top right corner of your screen.
- You are now live. If you wish to stop streaming simply click on the stop button on the top right corner of your screen.
- Fill in the Title and Caption and Category as your stream will now be published as a video on our server. However, if you do so desire not to publish it as a video, you can simply just delete it once it has been published. You can also do this in My Channel tab in the drop down menu.
Advanced live are meant for users who wish to add RTMP inputs to their live streams. RTMP streams includes software mixers/encoders as well as RTMP enabled cameras such as Mevo camera, Insta 360, GoPro Hero 7 Black (and above) and etc.
- Click on “Advanced Live”.
- Select a category based on your stream content.
- If you selected the gaming category, simply fill in the stream title, caption and tags. However, if you select any other category aside from gaming, an option to add RTMP streams will be present that allows you to add up to 20 RTMP streams on one session.
- Click on “Go Live” button.
- Copy and paste the generated Stream “Server” Url and Stream Key to the corresponding column provided by the RTMP software/apps.
- If you wish to enable webcam and webRTC based screen sharing you may enable it here as well.
- If you have others that wish to join your stream, simply provide them with the join code shown here.
- Click on “Start”.
- You are now live. If you wish to stop streaming simply click on the stop button on the top right corner of your screen. Your stream will also be published as a video on our server once you stopped streaming. However, if you do desire not to publish it as a video, you can simply just delete it once it has been published. You can also do this in My Channel tab in the drop down menu
If you wish to join an existing stream event as a group member, you can simply click on “Join” from the drop down menu.
- All the user need to do is to key in the “Join” code provided by the main broadcaster.
- Once the join code has been accepted. An event detail page will be generated for the group member where they can key in their stream details as well.
- The “Group Member” are also allowed to add their own RTMP stream source as well in this event detail page.