How To Live Stream With DJI Drone to ViuLive
To Live Stream With DJI Drone is another word for elevating your content and engage your audience on a whole new level with stunning aerial footage and real-time interaction.
Drone videos and live streaming are the perfect combinations of technologies. On the one hand, you have the unparalleled freedom of drone flight, and you can have interesting views. On the other is the technology to stream videos in real-time to unlimited audiences.
If you are passionate about live streaming your drone videos, let’s explore the exciting possibilities of streaming them directly to ViuLive.
Streaming from your drone flight app
First, it’s essential to consider that while live streaming via the internet, iPhones can communicate with drones, whereas not all Android phones can do the same.
If you’re an iPhone user, open the drone app and follow the steps to start streaming. On the other hand, Android users can connect their phones to the drone base using a cable connection (OTG cable) and start streaming with ease.
- One of the most popular and easy-to-stream drones is the DJI GO 4 app, one of the best Apps designed for easy live streaming.
- Install the app and create your new account
- Once in the App, Enter the Device
- Furthermore, opt for the camera view feature to initiate your live streaming session and verify that the app is linked to a reliable 4G mobile network, ready to deliver uninterrupted live broadcasts.
- Click on the 3 dots on the top right and select “Choose Live Streaming Platform.”
This will bring you to a window where you can select between 3 live broadcast platforms, step 3 of the following photos:
- Facebook Live
- Custom RTMP
Step-By-Step: Live Stream With DJI Drone
Firstly, you need to open the DJI Go application; follow the above steps until you see a 3-dot button in the top right corner.
Secondly, Click on the 3 dots; a New window will open where you need to select the live broadcast platform.
Thirdly, Click on custom RTMP
Step 4: Type your RTMP streaming URL from the ViuLive app.
- Install & Open the ViuLive app, create a new account
- Select Advanced Live
- Select a category based on your content.
- Next screen, click on “Add RTMP streams.”
- Next screen, you will be issued a URL to copy and paste into the drone app.
Step 5: Click next, and you’re on the air!
Step 6: Remember that the DJI app will automatically start your microphone from your screen/monitor, and if you don’t want to broadcast the audio, you should click the live icon and turn the audio off.
Live streaming through the mobile app is incredibly convenient, particularly for people on the move or lacking specialized streaming equipment. Additionally, it’s worth highlighting the app’s cost-free nature. However, it’s essential to be aware that video resolution may have a limitation, usually capping live-stream videos at 720p.
Most drone flight apps have native support for live streaming. After the DJI Go 4 app, most of the versions support live streaming. The newly released Mavic Mini and Mavic Air 2 drones are exclusively supported by the innovative DJI Fly app, specifically tailored to enhance their performance and user experience.
Eventually, DJI Fly does not have any live-streaming features, although there’s always the possibility of it being included in firmware updates.