How do I create a multi-stream broadcast?
There are several ways to do multi-stream broadcasts on ViuLive:
- Single user using a PC and USB connections for additional cameras; most common for studios.
- Single user using multiple devices with integrated cameras, such as PCs and mobiles; most common users.
- Single user using single or multiple devices with RTMP cameras added; most common for more advanced users.
- Multiple users using single devices and/or multiple cameras and devices. Multiple users can use multiple devices just like in steps 1 and 2, or RTMP cameras like in step 3.
How do I set up a multi-stream broadcast?
- Single user using a PC web browser and USB connected cameras.
- Connect multiple USB cameras to the PC.
- Log in to your ViuLive account.
- Select “Quick Live” on the next screen to add the cameras connected to your PC.
- Click “Screen Sharing” option if you want to broadcast your screen, then select the window you want to share.
- Start broadcasting all the cameras by clicking “Start”.
- For single user, multi-streams
- Log in to your ViuLive account on any supported device. Click “Quick Live”, then “Start”. You have started your first stream.
- Next, log in to ViuLive (using the same log-in details) on another supported device. Click “Quick Live” and you will see a message: “You have a live stream in process”.
- Click “Ok” if you want to start a multi-streaming event.
- Keep repeating the above steps on as many new devices as you like to add more streams to your event.
- Single user using single or multiple devices with RTMP
- Log in to your ViuLive account on any supported device. Click “Advanced Live”.
- Select a category that is most related to your stream.
- Key in your event details: Title, Caption, and #tags.
- Select “Add RTMP Streams”.
- Add as many RTMP cameras you expect to use and assign a unique name to each.
- Select “Go Live”.
- On the next screen, set up each of your RTMP cameras. If you need more help, please see our app notes on RTMP camera setup.
You can copy the streaming key and URL into the 3rd party streaming software.
Congratulations, you are live!
- Multiple users
- For multiple users, one person needs to start the event as an Admin, per the above step. If the admin expects to use a non-RTMP camera (integrated device camera), “Quick Live” can be used instead of “Advanced Live”.
- Once Admin streaming has started, the Admin must share the join code shown on the screen with the group members they want to join the broadcast.
- Other group members may join the broadcast by logging in to their accounts on their devices and selecting “Join”. They need to enter the join code and select “Go Live”.